jaggerbox asked: [psh who does work on a weekday] Legend of the Seeker fandom: 1, 5, 8, 15, aaaand 7, I guess
1. Which is your favorite of the fics you’ve written for X fandom?
5. What is an image/set of images that you’re particularly proud of?
Oh man…imagery isn’t my strong point. I’m much more comfortable with dialogue. I honestly can’t think of a single image that stands out for me. Maybe snow falling around Cara at the end of ‘The softer it falls, the longer it dwells upon’.
fourforyou suggested I just post a pic of Regina Mills’ ass here. But I shall refrain.
8. Favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
Ummmm, not really big on plot, either. The moments I enjoy writing most are quiet, intimate conversational moments. When there’s nothing going on except two people being comfortable together.
I did like the journey book conversations in this fic. Because I felt like I was being inventive. And that doesn’t happen often for me.
15. Does font matter to you when you’re writing a draft?
Nah. I tend to just go with whatever is the default in what I’m using. Though it has to be a sans serif font. And I fucking hate Times New Roman. Too many university essays written in it, I suppose.
7. Least favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
I wish I’d taken more time over this fic. Because I wish the conversations between Cara and the Kahlans were deeper, more meaningful.
fourforyou asked: 12.
12. What WIPs do you have going now? Are you excited about them?
You want me to say Snow Queen here, don’t you? Well, I do have a Snow Queen fic underway but it does not excite me because I find Snow almost impossible to write on account of how much I dislike her.
I have several short ficlet-y things sitting around unfinished. Mostly Red Queen and Regina/Kathryn.
And, of course, the bane of my life: The Shadow on the wall tells me the sun is going down. I hate that I posted that without finishing it.
Anonymous asked: 10.
10. Favorite line or lines of dialogue that you’ve written
“You can’t. I told you, my mother-in-law is moping all over the place, weeping and wailing like an Italian.” Bree Van De Kamp in this fic.
The reason I like this line is that on the show the following week, Bree said this in relation to her mother-in-law’s grief: “Even Italians take a break now and again.” So I felt like I’d got the character right. That’s my favourite kind of dialogue - when it feels right. From that perspective, I most enjoy writing dialogue in British fandoms, because it comes more naturally.
- So reblog this if I can pop into your box and ask you questions about writing (You can probably make a version for art, too). And you can ask them to me if you really want to.
- Specify fandom if you want for any of the questions.
- 1. Which is your favorite of the fics you've written for X fandom?
- 2. Favorite piece overall?
- 3. Which was the hardest to write, in terms of plot?
- 4. Which has the most "you" in it, however you'd define that?
- 5. What is an image/set of images that you're particularly proud of?
- 6. Idea that you always wanted to write but could never make work?
- 7. Least favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- 8. Favorite plot point/chapter/moment?
- 9. Favorite character to write?
- 10. Favorite line or lines of dialogue that you've written
- 11. If I'm showing off just one of your pieces to someone, which one should it be?
- 12. What WIPs do you have going now? Are you excited about them?
- 13. Are there any things that might have happened in any of your stories, but you changed them at the last minute? (So-and-so dies, they don't actually kiss, main character has long extended ballet-based dream sequence, etc.)
- 14. Would you want to write canon for any of your fandoms (like be hired by showrunner to do an episode)? Which one?
- 15. Does font matter to you when you're writing a draft?
- 16. 3 favorite comments ever received on fanfic.
- 17. Any mean comments? How'd you deal with it? Who laid the smackdown?
- 18. If you could go back and revise one of your older stories, which would it be?
- 19. Do you make up scenes at work/on the bus/at the gym? Who are the characters that pop up the most? Do you write them down?
- 20. Go nuts, and talk about writing. Or write me a little ficlet-whatsit using a character/image/line I shall now specify:
fallinginslowmotionagain asked: lost girl: Lauren + Dyson: sex, drinking, Bo
When his hand comes to rest on her knee, it feels inevitable; like they’ve been headed here all along and the journey has only been expedited by the alcohol they’ve consumed. She looks over to see him smiling at her like a puppy about to get a treat. She laughs and scratches his beard - she’s never kissed anyone with a beard - it’s soft and rough at once and suddenly she wants nothing more than to see how it feels against her face. Their lips meet hungrily, desperately, grasping at each other and seeking out skin. His hands move over her body and the word keeps coming to her mind is large - everything about him is large and broad and hard and decidedly not Bo; and for once that feels okay.
fallinginslowmotionagain asked: Red queen fight
It was a completely stupid fight, but they’re both too stubborn for their own good and haven’t spoken a word to each other for over three hours. Lying with their backs to each other now, Regina can tell Ruby is awake. She sighs; she’s going to have to be the bigger person this time, because if life with Ruby has taught her anything, it’s that love is compromise. Turning over, she reaches out a hand and gently places it on Ruby’s hip. Ruby turns to face her and it’s not too long before they are a mess of tangled limbs, desperate kisses and whispered apologies.
fallinginslowmotionagain asked: Henry wants SQ
Her first instinct is to laugh, but faced with her son’s wide, earnest eyes, she senses that may not be the best response to his question; clearly he takes her silence as a positive reaction because he rushes to elaborate.
“It would be the best thing for everybody…because we’d all live here together and I’d have both of you and you wouldn’t be so lonely anymore.”
She smiles at him, touched by his desire to find a solution to their predicament that will make things better for everyone.
“Henry, darling, I’m sorry, but Emma and I won’t ever be…together in that way.” The disappointment on his face almost makes her want to reconsider…almost.